Sharpen up your detective skills. Take a stab at solving this sample case:
Your dealership hasn't been selling nearly enough SUVs.
You need to run a special to promote your current SUV lease offer.
But a special means nothing if people aren't coming in...
These are all located within your market area, but one is more likely to contain your target.
Where should we start searching?
- 10 miles away from your dealership, right off the highway
- Medium level of registrations
- Registrations split equally between you and your top 3 competitors
- Your dealership sits in the exact middle of this area
- Includes neighborhoods, shopping centers, and city parks
- No notable correlation between make and model registrations
- 25 miles away from your dealership
- Your competitors are nearly non-existent is this rural area
- It has very few current car registrations
- 5 miles away from your dealership, just across the state line
- It has the highest number of vehicle registrations of any zip code within 50 miles
It's not always about the location. Investigate the population to see who is a likely prospect. One of these potential customers is part of a demographic profile that is more likely to pull the trigger on an SUV purchase.
The question is who?
29 year old School Teacher
Recent suburban homeowner
Currently drives the coupé she bought in grad school two years ago
- A 24 year old Second Lieutenant
- Married with two young kids
- Rents his house
- Currently drives a truck he bought when first stationed 3 years ago
- 37 year old Orthopedic Surgeon
- Lives and works in the city
- Lives alone in her apartment
- Currently doesn’t own a vehicle and depends on public transport to get around
- 44 year old Dairy Farmer
- Married with 2 teenagers
- Owns his own home in the countryside
- His family shares a truck and a station wagon
To win new customers, your message needs to hit your target at every step of the car buying process.
Which method is the most effective?
A broadcast TV campaign giving your dealership’s name, location, and contact information, running during the times and to the areas that best fit your budget.
An email blast to a purchased prospect list, offering the same SUV lease deal to everyone, and hoping to lasso a few into your dealership.
Clear, compelling digital ads focused on your current SUV lease offer, targeted to the areas most likely to buy, and followed up with a complete social advertising and remarketing strategy based on online behavior.
A direct mail piece that goes to every “Resident” at an address within 20 miles of your dealership promoting your SUV lease offer.
It was Dr. Daisy.
The bustling city streets might be the last place you would expect someone to want an SUV, but people in her profile, Successful City Singles, are actually 22% more likely to buy an SUV than the average person. The other 3 profiles prefer trucks over SUVs and purchase pre-owned more often than leasing new.
In Conservatory Ridge.
Though it might not be the highest for vehicle registrations, this area has a lot of room for your dealership to grow your customer base. And since it is conveniently located near the highway, they won't hesitate to return to your dealership for service.
With the Digital Ad Arrow.
Digital advertising uses refined targeting technology to match your dealership inventory and services with customers in your market who have shown an active interest in what you can provide.
Why Data-Driven Marketing?
Without the right data, it's easy to feel a little.... clueless. The mystery can only be solved when it is built as a big-picture solution, driven by dealership-wide goals and dealer-specific data.
Here's how we do it.
We combine your dealership's transactional data with a complete analysis of your market - who is selling what, where, and to whom - to align your sales strategy with market demand.
We use aggregated population data and our own years of automotive research to predict car-buying behavior.
Our business intelligence reporting suite presents a full picture of your customers' behaviors, so you know exactly what they respond to, how your marketing investment is working, and how to improve.
Let's solve your mystery next.
The secret to unlocking your dealership's mysteries is in your data.
Request a Market Analysis.